- (video games) The minimum length of time that the player needs to wait after using an ability or item before it can be used again.
- I had to wait for the cooldown to finish before recasting the spell.
- (intransitive) To become cooler, to be reduced in temperature.
- You can drink the coffee when it's cooled down.
- To cause the temperature of an item to decrease.
- We had to cool down the equipment with water before using it.
- (intransitive) To become less agitated.
- I'd love to go to Iraq, but I'll have to wait until the violence cools down.
- To cause to become less agitated.
- Dave was kicking and screaming, so I had to cool him down with some mellow music.