- An example of condiment is mustard.
- An example of condiment is pickle relish.
- An example of condiment is salt.
- a seasoning or relish for food
- anything added to a prepared food, often, specif., to a sandwich, to add flavor, as ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, onions, pickles, etc.
Origin of condimentMiddle English and amp; Old French ; from Classical Latin condimentum ; from condire, to pickle, variant, variety of condere, to put together ; from com-, together + -dere, to put, do
Origin of condimentMiddle English, from Old French, from Latin cond&imacron;mentum, from cond&imacron;re, to season; see dh&emacron;- in Indo-European roots.