- The definition of condescension refers to an attitude of superiority or looking down on others.
An attitude that you are generally better and smarter than everyone else is an example of condescension.
- act or instance of condescending
- a patronizing manner or behavior
Origin of condescensionEcclesiastical Late Latin condescensio ; from past participle of condescendere
- The act of condescending or an instance of it.
- Patronizingly superior behavior or attitude.
Origin of condescensionLate Latin condēscēnsiō, condēscēnsiōn-, from condēscēnsus, past participle of condēscendere, to condescend; see condescend.