- When multiple people create a plot to get a governor elected, this is an example of a concerted effort to get a governor elected.
- When it is extremely difficult to successfully make a particular recipe and you spend a great deal of time and effort trying to do it right, this is an example of a time when you make a concerted effort.
The definition of concerted is a joint effort or something coordinated with multiple parties, or something that requires a lot of effort or hard working.
- mutually arranged or agreed upon; made or done together; combined
- Music arranged in parts
- characterized by striving and determination: a student's concerted effort
- Planned or accomplished together; combined: We made a concerted attempt to solve the problem.
- Deliberate and determined: “Even if she did make a concerted effort to achieve a level of eloquence or originality in her work, she does not imagine that many readers would notice or care” ( Susan Gregory Thomas )
- Music Arranged in parts for voices or instruments.
- simple past tense and past participle of concert
(comparative more concerted, superlative most concerted)