- The definition of concerted is a joint effort or something coordinated with multiple parties, or something that requires a lot of effort or hard working.
- When multiple people create a plot to get a governor elected, this is an example of a concerted effort to get a governor elected.
- When it is extremely difficult to successfully make a particular recipe and you spend a great deal of time and effort trying to do it right, this is an example of a time when you make a concerted effort.
concerted definition by Webster's New World
- mutually arranged or agreed upon; made or done together; combined
- Music arranged in parts
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- concertedly adverb
concerted definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Planned or accomplished together; combined: We made a concerted effort to solve the problem.
- Music Arranged in parts for voices or instruments.
- con·certˈed·ly adverb