- An emotional and physical intimate relationship which includes a common living place and which exists without legal or religious sanction.
- The act of living together.
- A place where two or more individuals reside together.
- (biology) The act of two species living together in the same habitat.
- (politics) Cooperation between politicians of opposing political parties; especially, in France, between a President and Prime Minister.
cohabitation - Legal Definition
The act of a man and a woman, unmarried to each other, publicly living together in an intimate relationship as if husband and wife. Although a crime in most states, it is seldom prosecuted. Where illegal, it is also called illicit cohabitation, lascivious cohabitation, and notorious cohabitation. See also fornication, bigamy, civil union, and marriage.