- The definition of classified is arranged in categories, or available only to certain people.
- An example of something classified are different types of animals.
- An example of classified material is a person's financial information.
- A classified is defined as an ad in a paper.
An example of a classified is an ad for mascara in a magazine.
- secret or confidential and available only to authorized persons
- of or pertaining to classified advertising: the classified section of a newspaper
- classified advertisement
- [pl.] a section of classified advertisements, as in a newspaper
- Arranged in classes or categories.
- Available to authorized persons only, as for reasons of national security: a classified document.
A classified advertisement.
- simple past tense and past participle of classify
- Make sure all the field observations are classified by species.
(comparative more classified, superlative most classified)
- Formally assigned by a government to one of several levels of sensitivity, usually (in English) top secret, secret, confidential, and, in some countries, restricted; thereby making disclosure to unauthorized persons illegal.
- We do not discuss specific interrogation techniques because they are classified information.
- Not meant to be disclosed by a person or organization.
- I won't say who I'm going to the prom with; that's classified.
classify + -ed
From classified advertisement, by shortening.