- a statement of the main parts of a subject
- the act of capitulating; conditional surrender
- a document containing terms of surrender, articles of concession, etc.; treaty; covenant
Origin of capitulationFrench ; from Medieval Latin capitulatio: see capitulate
- The act of surrendering or giving up: Lack of food and ammunition forced the capitulation of the rebels.
- A document containing the terms of surrender.
- An enumeration of the main parts of a subject; a summary.
From Middle French capitulation.