- The definition of candor is the quality of being open and honest.
An example of candor is the ability to tell a staff both the positives and negatives of their work.
candor definition by Webster's New World
- the quality of being fair and unprejudiced; impartiality
- sharp honesty or frankness in expressing oneself
- purity; innocence
Origin: Classical Latin whiteness, openness ; from candere, to shine: see candescent
candor definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Frankness or sincerity of expression; openness.
- Freedom from prejudice; impartiality.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin, from candēre, to shine; see kand- in Indo-European roots.