- The definition of candour is the British spelling for candor, which means frank honesty or the quality of being impartial.
- An example of candour is telling a friend they look like they've gained weight.
- An example of candour is not taking sides in an argument between two friends.
Variant of candor
- the quality of being fair and unprejudiced; impartiality
- sharp honesty or frankness in expressing oneself
- purity; innocence
Origin: Classical Latin whiteness, openness ; from candere, to shine: see candescent
Brit. sp. candour