- The definition of bubbly is something that has lots of bubbles, looks like bubbles or someone with a light and lively personality.
- An example of bubbly is root beer.
- An example of bubbly is a cheerful child.
- Bubbly is slang for champagne.
An example of bubbly is what people drink to ring in the new year.
This champagne is very bubbly and is also called bubbly.
- full of, giving off, or like bubbles
- lively and high-spirited; vivacious
- Full of or producing bubbles: a bubbly drink; a bubbly soap.
- Resembling bubbles: big, bubbly clouds.
- Full of high spirits; effervescent: bright, bubbly children.
nounpl. bub·blies Informal
(comparative bubblier, superlative bubbliest)
(countable and uncountable, plural bubblies)
- (informal) Champagne.
- We're getting married - this calls for a bottle of bubbly!