- Folklore a small brown elf or goblin that does helpful tasks for people at night
- a member of the division of the Girl Scouts for girls six to eight years of age
- ☆ a small bar or square of a kind of flat, dense, rich chocolate cake often containing nuts
See brownie in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Brownie A member of the Girl Scouts from six through eight years of age.
- A bar of moist, usually chocolate cake, often with nuts.
- A small sprite thought to do helpful work at night.
- A brown trout.
Origin: Sense 3, from the notion of the sprite as a tiny brown man
Learn more about brownie