- Folklore a small brown elf or goblin that does helpful tasks for people at night
- [B-] a member of the division of the Girl Scouts for girls six to eight years of agein full Brownie Girl Scout
- a kind of cookie that is a small bar or square of flat, dense, rich chocolate cake, often containing nuts
- Brownie A member of the Girl Scouts from six through eight years of age.
- A bar of moist, usually chocolate cake, often with nuts.
- A small sprite thought to do helpful work at night.
- A brown trout.
Origin of brownieSense 3, from the notion of the sprite as a tiny brown man
- A small square piece of rich cake, usually made with chocolate.
- (folklore) A mythical creature, a helpful elf who would do people′s housework for them.
- (paganism) A household spirit or revered ancestor.
- (Australia, New Zealand, colloquial) A tall, long-necked beer bottle, made from brown coloured glass.
From brown + -ie (“diminutive suffix”).
- (Britain, Canada, Australia) A junior Girl Guide.
- (US) A junior Girl Scout.