- The definition of brevity is defined as the quality of being brief.
An example of brevity is a point made quickly and clearly.
- the quality of being brief; shortness of time
- the quality of being concise; terseness
Origin of brevityClassical Latin brevitas ; from brevis, brief
- The quality or state of being brief in duration.
- Concise expression; terseness.
Origin of brevityLatin brevitās, from brevis, short; see brief.
brachylogy the practice of conciseness in speech or writing. laconism, laconicism 1. the practice of using few words to say much. 2. a laconic utterance. —laconic, n., adj. —laconical, adj. pauciloquy Rare. the speaking of few words; taciturnity or brevity. —pauciloquent, adj. syntomy, syntomia Rare. brevity; conciseness. telegraphese the brief, sometimes cryptic language used in telegrams.
(countable and uncountable, plural brevities)