The state or quality of being transient.
(countable and uncountable, plural transiences)
Variant of transient
- passing away with time; not permanent; temporary; transitory
- passing quickly or soon; fleeting; ephemeral
- ☆ staying only for a short time: the transient population at resorts
Origin of transientClassical Latin transiens, present participle of transire: see transit
- ☆ a transient person or thing: transients at a hotel
- Elec. a temporary component of a current, resulting from a voltage surge, a change from one steady-state condition to another, etc.