The ox is a bovine.
- The definition of bovine is like an ox or cow, or slow or dull.
- An example of something bovine is a bovine statue, a statue of a cow.
- An example of something bovine is a bovine personality, a boring person.
- Bovine is defined as an animal in the Bovinae subfamily.
An example of a bovine is a cow, ox or buffalo.
- of an ox
- having oxlike qualities; thought of as oxlike; slow, dull, stupid, stolid, etc.
Origin of bovineLate Latin bovinus ; from Classical Latin bos (gen. bovis), ox: see cow
- any of a genus (Bos) of bovid ruminants
- any similar bovid
- Of, relating to, or resembling a ruminant mammal of the bovid subfamily Bovinae, such as a cow, ox, or buffalo, especially one in the genus Bos.
- Sluggish, dull, and stolid.
An animal of the subfamily Bovinae, especially one of the genus Bos.
Origin of bovineLate Latin bov&imacron;nus, from Latin b&omacron;s, bov-, cow; see gwou- in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more bovine, superlative most bovine)