- the hide of a cow or, often, that of any bovine animal
- leather made from such hide
- a whip made of rawhide or braided leather
transitive verb-·hid·ed, -·hid·ing
to flog with a cowhide
- a. The hide of a cow.b. The leather made from this hide.
- A strong heavy flexible whip, usually made of braided leather.
transitive verbcow·hid·ed, cow·hid·ing, cow·hides
To beat with a strong heavy flexible whip.
(countable and uncountable, plural cowhides)
(third-person singular simple present cowhides, present participle cowhiding, simple past and past participle cowhided)
- To flog with a cowhide.