- The definition of suede is a type of leather with a slightly textured side or nap, or fabric that looks like that type of leather.
An example of suede is the leather used in a leather satchel.
suede definition by Webster's New World
- tanned leather of calf, kid, cowhide, etc., with the flesh side buffed into a nap
- a kind of cloth made to resemble thisalso suede cloth
Origin: French Suède, Sweden, in gants de Suède, Swedish gloves
suede definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Leather with a soft napped surface.
- Fabric made to resemble suede.
Origin: Short for Suède gloves, from French gants de Suède, gloves of Sweden, from Suède, Sweden.