the practice of lifting weights and performing certain specific calisthenics, as sit-ups and push-ups, to develop a strong body
The process of developing the musculature of the body through specific types of diet and physical exercise, such as weightlifting, especially for competitive exhibition.
- To find more examples of strong, sexy seniors, search the Web for "Masters bodybuilding" (in amateur sports, "Masters" generally refers to older adults) and check the results of major competitions.
- These names may or may not be familiar to you; while generally not as well known as Sports Illustrated swimsuit models, these women are household names to people who are bodybuilding fanatics.
- Beginners should also consider browsing through a dictionary of weightlifting, bodybuilding, and exercise terms to get a better understanding of common words and phrases used in the sport.
- Bill Phillips began bodybuilding as a teenager in the early 1980s and moved from Colorado to Venice Beach, California, considered the hot spot for bodybuilding at the time.
- Heralded as the experts in all things bodybuilding and fitness related, Gold's Gym then entered the home fitness market with their line of home fitness solutions.