Informal of or at the highest level in one's profession or field of activity
Origin of big-leagueafter the big (i.e., major) leagues in professional baseball
- Sports A major league.
- Informal The most prestigious level of accomplishment.
- big leaguer
- Sports Major-league.
- Informal Prominent or important; major: a big-league politician; one of the big-league banks.
- Informal Impressive or formidable: The nominee was subjected to big-league scrutiny.
(comparative more bigleague, superlative most bigleague)
- Alternative spelling of big-league.
(plural big leagues)
- A major league.
(comparative more big league, superlative most big league)
- Major league.
- He made a real big league play.