- a person or thing that beats
- an implement or utensil for beating
- any of various implements for playing a percussion instrument, as a drumstick or mallet
- a person employed to drive game from cover for hunters
- Slang an automobile characterized by the effects of much hard use
- One that beats, especially a device for beating: a carpet beater.
- A person who drives wild game from under cover for a hunter.
- Offensive Slang A tight-fitting, white sleeveless undershirt.
- Informal An old, dilapidated automobile.
Origin of beaterSense 3, short for wifebeater
- Someone or something that beats.
- A kitchen implement for mixing.
- A stick used to play a percussion instrument.
- A man who drives game towards shooters in a hunting party, often working in a group.
- A papermaking machine for processing fibres by fibrillation in order to improve bonding strength
- (US, informal) An automobile in poor operating condition.
beat + -er
- (US, informal) A sleeveless undershirt.
By shortening from wife beater.