- The definition of aw is something you say when you feel sorry or you do not approve of something.
If someone tells you about a mishap and you respond with, “What a shame” that is an example of a time when you might have responded with “Aw, what a shame”.
used to express
- mild protest, dislike, or disgust
- mild sympathy or commiseration
Used to express sympathy, tenderness, disapproval, or disbelief.
- Used to express disappointment/dismay.
- Aw, that's too bad...
- Used to express mild protest, entreaty, consternation, or disapproval.
- Aw, dad, why can't we go to Legoland?
- Used to express affection.
- Aw, you've got such a cute little baby!