- An example of someone making an assertion is a person who stands up boldly in a meeting with a point in opposition to the presenter, despite having valid evidence to support his statement.
- An example of an assertion was that of ancient scientists that stated the world was flat.
The definition of an assertion is an allegation or proclamation of something, often as the result of opinion as opposed to fact.
- the act of asserting
- something asserted; positive statement; declaration
- The act of asserting.
- Something declared or stated positively, often with no support or attempt at proof.
- The act of asserting, or that which is asserted; positive declaration or averment; affirmation; statement asserted; position advanced.
- Maintenance; vindication; as, the assertion of one's rights or prerogatives.
- (computing) A statement in a program asserting a condition expected to be true at a particular point, used in debugging.
Middle French assertion, from Latin assertio