- An example of someone making an assertion is a person who stands up boldly in a meeting with a point in opposition to the presenter, despite having valid evidence to support his statement.
- An example of an assertion was that of ancient scientists that stated the world was flat.
- the act of asserting
- something asserted; positive statement; declaration
- The act of asserting.
- Something declared or stated positively, often with no support or attempt at proof.
- The act of asserting, or that which is asserted; positive declaration or averment; affirmation; statement asserted; position advanced.
- Maintenance; vindication; as, the assertion of one's rights or prerogatives.
- (computing) A statement in a program asserting a condition expected to be true at a particular point, used in debugging.
Middle French assertion, from Latin assertio