Origin of Anaheimafter the Santa Ana River (after Anne, the mother of the Virgin Mary) + German heim, home
A city of southern California southeast of Los Angeles on the Santa Ana River in Orange County. Founded in 1857 by German settlers, it is the site of Disneyland (opened 1955).x
A cultivar of the tropical pepper Capsicum annuum having long, tapering, mildly pungent green or red fruit.
Origin of AnaheimAfter Anaheim 1
From German Annaheim, literally "home by the Santa Anna River".
- There are many hotels near Disneyland in Anaheim that make the perfect home base for individuals, couples, and families who are planning a vacation adventure that includes visit to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure Park.
- A visit to the Disneyland theme park in Anaheim, California will take you to the shopping area of the park, which is called Main Street, U.S.A. Smack dab in the middle of Main Street, U.S.A. is New Century Timepieces.
- While this is a bit more difficult in the vast expanse of Disney's Florida property, Disneyland and California Adventure in Anaheim are located on a main drag through the city, surrounded by hotels and restaurants.
- When you make your reservation, be sure that you specifically request the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Disneyland resort, because there are a number of Fairfield and other Marriott properties located throughout Anaheim.
- The Fairfield Inn Anaheim Disneyland Resort is located directly across the street from the entrance to Disneyland, making it an ideal choice for families looking forward to a Disney-centered vacation.