the bank of a river
on or near the bank of a river
city in S Calif.
Origin of Riversideafter the Santa Ana River, near which it is located
The bank or area alongside a river.
A city of southern California east of Los Angeles on the Santa Ana River near San Bernardino. It grew as an agricultural center after the introduction of the navel orange in 1873.x
- At or near the side of a river.
- A place name applied to a locality, especially a city, that is situated beside a river.
- A moniker of anything that becomes associated with such a locality, such as an event, school, or organization.
- Riverside, California, a U.S. city of over 300,000 people.
- A district of Cardiff, Wales, located by the River Taff.