A levelA level
- the second, or advanced, level of British secondary-school examinations, taken usually two years after the first
- a pass on any examination at this level
The later of two standardized tests in a secondary school subject, used as a qualification for entrance into a university.
Origin of A levelA(dvanced) level.
(plural A levels)
- A non-compulsory examination taken in the final two years in British high schools.
- I took my A-levels last year.
- Applicants must have at least one A level.
- In Internet prostitution, a euphemism for anal sex.
The term is often hyphenated to avoid confusion with "A grade".
- Alternative spelling of A level.