come out of the woodwork
(usually uncountable, plural woodworks)
- (countable) Something made from wood.
- (uncountable) Wood product.
- (uncountable) Working with wood.
- He does woodwork as a hobby.
- (only in plural, often in proper names) A workshop or factory devoted to making wood products.
- A place of concealment or obscurity.
- Friends and relatives were coming out of the woodwork to celebrate his good fortune.
- So when he wants to, he can just kind of blend into the woodwork.
- (soccer) The frame of the goal, i.e. the goalpost or crossbar.
- That goal was so close, it went in off the woodwork.