The definition of wizened is someone or something that is old, shriveled, wrinkled or showing age.
An old, wrinkled woman is an example of someone who would be described as wizened.
- Simple past tense and past participle of wizen.
- He must train as a Knight under a wizened elder, losing first one guide and then another before he confronts his destiny, and the dark reality that his greatest enemy is his father.
- The word "merlin" is so strongly associated with the image of the wise and wizened man that to describe something as a Merlin is to conjure the iconic image.
- He shook his head, his gaze taking on a wizened look.
- Her plump beauty was often remarked - notably by Washington Irving - in contrast to her husband's delicate and feeble figure and wizened face - for even in his prime Madison was, as Henry Adams says, "a small man, quiet, somewhat precise in manner, pleasant, fond of conversation, with a certain mixture of ease and dignity in his address."
- "For thousands of years. And then I wizened up and realized I'm just another gem in her collection." Gabe's bitterness was quiet but evident.