- speaking easily or fluently
- speaking in a courteous or gracious manner
- properly or aptly spoken
An example of a well spoken person is an English professor.
- Chosen or expressed with aptness or propriety.
- Courteous in speech.
(comparative more well-spoken, superlative most well-spoken)
When used in the phrases "well-spoken-of" or "well-spoken of" the term takes on a more literal meaning, that a person or thing is spoken of in a positive way.
- Bentley is perhaps best known for his role as Sean Diddy Combs' personal assistant in the Making the Band series, as he stood out for being impeccably dressed, well-spoken, and extremely charming in a world of highly pressured stars.
- The Laker's Kobe Bryant, on the other hand, was the very epitome of a nice guy: polite, well-spoken, and impeccably groomed.
- Gorgeous and well-spoken, he concentrates most of his business within the Malibu area.