- cleaned up
- Informal tired; exhausted
- Slang finished; done for; having failed
- The definition of washed up is someone or something whose time has come and gone; someone who was popular or who had a good career but who now doesn't and has little to offer.
An example of a washed up singer is someone whose last album was ten years ago and who now just sits around and mopes.
- Washed up is something that appears on the shore of a sea or other body of water, brought there by the waves.
An example of washed up is when the pieces of a broken ship that was lost at sea start to appear on the sandy beach.
(comparative more washed-up, superlative most washed-up)
(comparative more washed up, superlative most washed up)
- She seemed to avoid the common pitfalls of child stars as she grew up; sShe didn't grace the tabloids every week in some kind of trouble and she didn't become a washed-up reality TV star before the age of 18.