A waitress serving tea.
- The definition of a waitress is a female who serves food in a restaurant.
The woman carrying trays of hot food to tables in a cafe is an example of a waitress.
- Waitress is defined as a woman to work serving food in a restaurant.
An example of waitress is for a woman to work a shift serving food at a diner.
- A female attendant who serves customers in a restaurant, cafÃ©, or similar.
(third-person singular simple present waitresses, present participle waitressing, simple past and past participle waitressed)
- To work as a waitress.
waiter +"Ž -ess
- The waitress approached the table.
- No waitress ever came near them.
- Dean didn't even offer a quip about Fred's tightness with a buck and his moth-eaten purse as the old man called over a waitress to do the duties.
- Dean said, a little too loudly, just as the waitress arrived with the ginger ales.
- Sliding into his side, he caught the eye of a waitress and motioned to her.