- combined; joined; made one
- of or resulting from joint action or association
- in agreement or harmony
The definition of united is joined together, acting as one or in agreement.
An example of something united is a couple when they get married.
- Combined into a single entity: three united companies functioning as a single unit.
- Concerned with, produced by, or resulting from mutual action: a united effort to combat neighborhood crime.
- Being in harmony; agreed: supported the policy as a united student body.
- Simple past tense and past participle of unite.
From Latin Å«nÄ«tus, perfect passive participle of Å«niÅ by substitution of Latin suffix with -ed.
- There are video pictures of the motor home entry from Canada back into the United States.
- You will have ended hunger in the United States.
- If they presented a united front, Tessa might back up.
- Everywhere you go in the United States are water fountains.
- The United Nations has estimated that earth's population will pass nine billion by 2050, and ten billion by 2100.