The definition of unexpected is something that was not planned or anticipated.
If you get pregnant when you did not mean to, this is an example of a pregnancy that would be described as unexpected.
Occurring without warning; unforeseen.
(comparative more unexpected, superlative most unexpected)
un- +"Ž expected
- Her breath escaped in an unexpected sigh.
- What an unexpected surprise.
- The unexpected information was coming so fast it was hard to absorb.
- Just an unexpected memory, I guess.
- His gentleness was unexpected as he examined the wrapped injury.