Not cooked; raw.
(comparative more uncooked, superlative most uncooked)
- Simple past tense and past participle of uncook.
- Tonya Zavasta's excellent "uncookbook," Beautiful on Raw: Uncooked Creations includes numerous raw food recipes for everything from special juice combinations (targeting specific health concerns) to lasagna to carrot cake.
- Eating living foods rich in enzymes, such as uncooked fruits and vegetables or sprouted seeds, replenishes the enzymes or at least stops the depletion, since the enzymes needed for digestion are included in the foods.
- Before preparing other foods, carefully clean surfaces (cutting boards and counters, knives and other utensils) contaminated with the juices of uncooked meats.
- Use cold noodles, cold cooked oatmeal, Jell-O, an uncooked piece of liver, or any other ghoulish concoction that might give kids a small Halloween fright.
- Raw foodists believe these uncooked nutrients offer a better source-a living source that provides enzymes that also assist in the digestion process.