Origin of true-bluefrom the symbolism of blue as the color of constancy
Origin of true-blueFrom the adoption of the color blue by 17th-century Scottish Presbyterians in opposition to the Royalists' red
- Alternative spelling of true blue.
- Used other than as an idiom: see true, blue.
- Steadfastly loyal or faithful, unwavering in loyalty.
- He was a true blue supporter, and would not listen to what he supposed to be the lies of the opposition.
- Authentic, undoubtedly true; honest.
- (UK) Aristocratic by birth.
- (Australia, informal) Authentically Australian.