- any room in a school used for studying and doing homework
- a class period reserved for study
study hallstudy hall
- A schoolroom reserved for study.
- A period set aside for study.
(plural study halls)
- A class period, usually in boarding - or high school, where students are afforded the time for independent study and homework assignments, as part of the curriculum or after hours, the last notably as a punishment called detention.
- He finished drafting his essay in study hall.
- The classroom or other school hall used for such a purpose.
- The supervising teacher's stern expression at the front of the drab study hall left little doubt that no nonsense would be tolerated there.