- a jazz tune with a lively rhythm and a strong beat
- a dance to this music
- The definition of a stomp is a beat-driven jazz dance or song.
An example of a stomp is the Black Bottom Stomp by Jelly Roll Morton.
- To stomp means to step on something violently or with force.
- An example of stomp is to kill a cockroach by stepping on it.
- An example of stomp is to crush grapes to make wine.
verbstomped, stomp·ing, stomps
- To bring down (the foot) forcibly.
- To bring the foot down onto (an object or surface) forcibly.
- To tread or trample heavily or violently on: stomping the ground to even it out.
- To cause to be dislodged by stomping the feet: stomped the mud off her boots.
- To bring the foot down onto an object or surface forcibly: stomped on the gas pedal.
- To tread or trample heavily or violently: I stomped on the sidewalk to get the dirt off my shoes.
- To walk with forcible, heavy steps: He got mad and stomped out of the room.
- A dance involving a rhythmical, heavy step.
- The jazz music for this dance.
Origin of stompVariant of stamp
(third-person singular simple present stomps, present participle stomping, simple past and past participle stomped)
- With that verbal curb stomp out of the way, I think it's safe to say that if they make another Area 51 in the same vein, it would have great potential if only they spent more time making it unique to counteract its audio/graphic handicap.
- Faster still, stomp twice, slap your lap twice, clap your hands twice, clap with your neighbor's hands twice, and then slap the side of your right foot, stomp it down, slap it from behind you and stomp it down again.
- Like her colleagues, she has also performed on film; most notably in Mike Figgis' documentary Flamenco Women, and with her husband, guitarist Paco Jarana, in Pulse: a STOMP Odyssey.
- If the crowd doesn't seem to catch on to the longer chant quickly, simply shorten the chant and stick to "O-F-F (clap, clap) Offense! (stomp, clap, stomp)."
- While the cheerleader is introducing herself, the rest of the squad can clap or stomp or in some other way keep the beat until the whole squad is done.