Someplace is defined as somewhere.
An example of someplace is being willing to go to any restaurant; let's eat someplace in town.
Somewhere: “I didn't care where I was from so long as it was someplace else” ( Garrison Keillor ) See Usage Note at everyplace.
- (informal, chiefly US) somewhere
- We can't find the wretched thing, but it must be someplace
- If I'm not back in twenty minutes, go someplace safe and call the police, okay? she said, placing it on the dashboard.
- Seems to me the kid was someplace swimming, fooling around when he shouldn't have been.
- For the first time in her adult life, Lana didn't care what he thought about her appearance or presence someplace where he might not think she belonged.
- Small talk progressed to let's-go-someplace-else and before Dean knew it, he was between Ethel Rosewater's white silk sheets.
- "Maybe it was someplace you visited," I offered.