- with only one aim or purpose
Terence's single minded determination to make the high school baseball team motivates him both physically and academically.
An example of single minded is a person who cares about only his own happiness and who will do anything to make himself happy.
- Having one overriding purpose or goal: the single-minded pursuit of money.
- Steadfast; resolute: He was single-minded in his determination to stop smoking.
(comparative more singleminded, superlative most singleminded)
- This, along with the benefits of 100 percent juice and real fruit inside, provide the single-minded benefit to the consumer.
- Castlereagh, whose single-minded aim was the restoration of "a just equilibrium" in Europe, reproached the tsar to his face for a " conscience " which suffered him to imperil the concert of the powers by keeping his hold on Poland in violation of his treaty obligation.'
- He was marked by the modesty of true genius, and his life was given to the single-minded pursuit of truth.
- He now occupied a great position for which he was supremely fitted, and at a juncture in the reform of university studies when a theologian of liberal views, but universally respected for his massive learning and his devout and single-minded character, would enjoy a unique opportunity for usefulness.