Sebastian's grades in Chemistry improved significantly when he started studying with a classmate.
Significantly is defined as in an important, sizeable or meaningful way.
An example of significantly is someone being much happier today than they were yesterday; significantly happier.
- She let her gaze fall significantly on the Indian girl.
- The prince answered nothing, but she looked at him significantly, awaiting a reply.
- He let his gaze fall significantly on the suitcase.
- A country 1The elevation of Count Billow to the rank of prince immediately after the crisis was significantly compared with the same honor bestowed on Bismarck at Versailles in 1871.
- The Argives are called "the people of Hera" by Pindar; the Heraeum, situated under a mountain significantly called Mt.