- the act or business of sending or transporting goods
- ships, esp. commercial ships, collectively, as those belonging to a certain nation or using a certain port
- a. The act or business of transporting goods.b. An amount charged for transporting goods.
- The body of ships belonging to one port, industry, or country, often referred to in aggregate tonnage.
- Passage or transport on a ship.
(countable and uncountable, plural shippings)
From Middle English schipping, schyppynge, from Middle English schippen, schipen (“to take ship, navigate"), from Old English scipian (“to take ship; put in order, equip, man a ship"), equivalent to ship +"Ž -ing.
- Present participle of ship.
From ship +"Ž -ing.