- Present participle of shadow.
- The effect of being shadowed (in the sense of blocked), as from a light source or radio transmission.
- Speech shadowing is when an individual repeats speech as they hear it immediately without delay (usually through earphones).
- (espionage) Secretly or discreetly tracking or following someone, keeping under surveillance.
- A faint representation; an adumbration.
- (computing) The technique of copying ROM contents to RAM to allow for shorter access times. The ROM chip is then disabled while the initialized memory locations are switched in on the same block of addresses.