- part of a circle bounded by any two radii and the arc included between them
- a mathematical instrument consisting of two rulers marked with various scales and jointed together at one end, used in solving problems, measuring angles, etc.
- any of the districts into which an area is divided for military operations
- a distinct part of society or of an economy, group, area, etc.; section; segment
- Comput. a segment of one of the concentric tracks on a hard disk or floppy disk
Origin of sectorLate Latin from L, cutter from sectus, past participle of secare, to cut: see saw