(third-person singular simple present runs around, present participle running around, simple past and past participle ran around)
- (idiomatic, intransitive) To be very busy doing many different things.
- I don't want to run around all week getting everything ready for the holidays.
- (idiomatic, intransitive) To go from place to place.
- (rail transport, of a locomotive) To move from one end of the consist to the other, so as to pull the train in the opposite direction.
- (slang) To cheat; to be unfaithful to a romantic partner.