Christopher's repentance was the first step towards changing his life for the better.
An example of repentance is praying to God for forgiveness.
- The act or process of repenting.
- Remorse or contrition for past conduct or sin. See Synonyms at penitence.
First attested circa 14th century, from Old French repentance. More at repent.
- At the end he professed abject repentance for his impiety and disloyalty.
- (7) They believe that repentance is the only way to salvation.
- 25-31, repentance is called forth by the divine forgiveness.
- The message of the prophets was primarily a preaching of repentance and righteousness if the nation would escape judgment; the message of the apocalyptic writers was of patience and trust for that deliverance and reward were sure to come.
- Of a real remission of sins the old doctrine of Zoroaster knows nothing, whilst the later Zoroastrian Church admits repentance, expiation and remission.