- a person or thing that rectifies, as by correction or adjustment
- Elec. a device, esp. a diode, that converts alternating current into direct current
An example of a rectifier is a newspaper editor who corrects grammar and spelling.
- One that rectifies: a rectifier of many wrongs.
- Electronics A device, such as a diode, that converts alternating current to direct current.
- A worker who blends or dilutes whiskey or other alcoholic beverages.
rectifier - Computer Definition
A type of diode that converts alternating current (AC) to direct current (DC). Rectifiers originally were in the form of electron tubes but now are semiconductors or semiconductor arrays. See also diode.