water that is falling or has fallen as rain, and is soft, containing relatively little soluble mineral matter
Water that has fallen as rain and contains little dissolved mineral matter.
(usually uncountable, plural rainwaters)
- In addition to the kits, you can also buy individual parts in case any part of your rainwater collection system fails or eventually needs replacing.
- These do-it-yourself kits help you customize your own personal rainwater collection system that allows you to conserve water and grow a more environmentally friendly garden or simply water your lawn.
- They get into surrounding ecosystems through rainwater reaching underground aquifers, and from runoff going through storm drains and eventually ending up in streams and lakes.
- If you choose to use treated lumber, research indicates that chemicals do leach off treated lumber but rainwater tends to wash them straight down into the soil.
- Online retailers that carry rain barrel supplies often include tips on how to choose the right rain barrel and the best way to harvest rainwater.