- any track with rails for guiding wheels; specif., a road laid with parallel steel rails along which run passenger cars that are lighter than railroad cars
- A railroad, especially one operated over a limited area: a commuter railway.
- A track providing a runway for wheeled equipment.
- The city has a station on the North Western railway 32 m.
- The most attractive parts are the American quarter, where the employes of the Panama railway have their homes, and the old French quarter, where dwelt the French officers during their efforts to build the canal.
- Among Servian cities, Nish is only surpassed by Belgrade in commercial and strategic importance; for it lies at the point where several of the chief Balkan highroads converge, and where the branch railway to Salonica leaves the main line between Belgrade and Constantinople.
- Kyaukse town is situated on the Zawgyi River and on the Rangoon-Mandalay railway line, and is well laid out in regular streets, covering an area of about a square mile.
- Of Bordeaux on the railway between Bordeaux and Poitiers.