- to move with stealth or caution, like a cat
- to shy away from a definite commitment or from decisive action
One boy pussyfoots up to another.
- The definition of a pussyfoot is someone who walks quietly.
An example of a pussyfoot is someone tiptoeing around the house.
- Pussyfoot is to walk cautiously or to act in a way to avoid commitment.
- An example of to pussyfoot is to walk quietly around a sleeping baby.
- An example of to pussyfoot is to shy away from telling someone how you feel about them.
intransitive verbpuss·y·foot·ed, puss·y·foot·ing, puss·y·foots
- To move stealthily or cautiously.
- Informal To act or proceed cautiously or timidly to avoid committing oneself.
(third-person singular simple present pussyfoots, present participle pussyfooting, simple past and past participle pussyfooted)