The young woman's perusal of the help wanted ads motivated her to choose a new career.
The definition of a perusal is the examination or reading of something paying attention to details.
An example of perusal is the reading of help wanted ads in hopes of securing a job.
the act or an instance of perusing
peruse +"Ž -al
- Perusal of the map below will show the location.
- Let us again recommend the perusal of the demonstration.
- A brief perusal of viewer comments online is illuminating.
- I quoted several instances of the insufficiency of a first perusal.
- Our perusal of the documents gave us some surprising explanations.