An example of a panel is the combined three sections of Bosch's painting The Garden of Earthly Delights.
- A section of a fence or railing between two posts.
- A flat piece, usually rectangular, forming a part of the surface of a wall, door, cabinet, etc., and usually raised, recessed, framed, etc.
- A similar piece used for enclosing or covering something or serving as a light diffuser, a built-in heating element in space heating, etc.
- A compartment or pane of a window.
- A section of a tapestry.
- Any of the sections of a comic strip.
- An insulated board, or flat surface, for instruments or controls, as of an electric circuit, airplane, etc.
- Any of the sections of the body of an automotive vehicle, typically metal or fiberglass.Quarter panel, rocker panel, etc.