- Treated or covered with oil: “Seventy percent of eagle nests in the oiled area failed to produce live chicks” ( Timothy Egan )
- Slang Intoxicated; drunk.
- Simple past and past participle of oil.
(comparative more oiled, superlative most oiled)
- Of a machine, supplied with oil so as to allow smooth operation.
- (slang) drunk. Usually in conjunction with well.
- Although this may seem cumbersome to modern sewing enthusiasts, a properly oiled and maintained treadle machine was actually very easy to operate.
- Birkenstock Boston Clog: What's great about this shoe is that you can choose among an oiled leather, suede or fabric upper and still get a manmade sole, adjustable straps and a shock-absorbing heel.
- Hope. A black Mary Jane with a touch of patent leather and oiled nubuck, it has a light and flexible sole, removable leather insole and leather lining.
- The hinge was oiled and didn't squeak because the friction had been reduced.
- Sempervirens, varying from brownish red to very deep brown; oiled and varnished, it has been used in cabinet work.